It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.L.R. Knost
1. It was in the upper 30s and cloudy when I got up, but it rapidly warmed up to the mid 40s, and there it stayed.
2. My spell of discombobulation continued today. I woke up to a message that Bible Study had been cancelled by the preacher because he was feeling unwell. Then, my breakfast was a little late because Big Al had to go to the clinic and get a blood test for his appointment on Thursday.
3. HCR is still having trouble with her electronics equipment, so no “Politics Chat” today at the regularly scheduled time. It will be this evening at 3:00 when Greisser Girls Gab is scheduled. I’ll watch it tomorrow.
4. I fixed myself a healthy peanut butter and jelly sandwich (Killer Dave’s Thin Slice Power Seed Bread, peanut butter that’s just peanuts (no sugar or other filler) and Polaner No-sugar Blackberry Jam with added fiber.) Also a handful of baby carrots.
5. I headed over to the Wellness Center and got my steps for the day, followed by Greisser Girls Gab (only two of us today because one of us had a board meeting.) Basically, nothing worked out as planned, but all was well in the end.
How about you? What made you happy today?