If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.THICH NHAT HANH
1. It was in the low 40s and cloudy when I got up. The clouds continued all day, and the high temperature was 48 deg.
2. Today is my baby boy’s 51st birthday. He’s become our mainstay when either of us have a computer problem, or an illness, or need to have something reached on a high shelf. He’s only about 3 hours away in summer, and 6 hours away in winter. And now he’s traveling internationally for his job.
3. We had a meeting this morning with the fellow who is in charge of all the buildings and grounds at Franke Tobey Jones. He went over what we could expect for the 10-year refresh of our duplex. They will paint all the interior, and put down new carpets. They will patch all the places that have been bumped into. We’ll be living in a two-room temporary place for up to a month, but it won’t cost us any extra. We’ve stayed in worse places, I guess.
4. Lunch was turkey chili made with Wick Fowler’s seasonings. Very good and not much different from regular chili. It tasted great, and cut out a LOT of cholesterol.
5. I managed to get to the Wellness Center before lunch, and was glad when I came home that the chili was ready to eat. My head is spinning worrying about what to pack, and what to keep available when we have to vacate.
How about you? What made you happy today?