Time passes, seasons bring change, people die, and those of us left hold the memories in our hearts.Janice Stamper
1. It was 25 deg and clear when I got up. From sunrise to midafternoon the sun was out with blue skies. Now it’s clouded up, The high temperature this afternoon was 38 deg, but this is the end of the cold-cold for a while. It should be in the 40s again tomorrow.
2. I learned yesterday of the death of one of my oldest friends from Air Force days. She helped me learn how to be an Air Force wife – took me under her wing. We were stationed together in Louisiana and Texas, and near enough to see each other regularly in England. I had one of her daughters in my Girl Scout troop, and she babysat for my kids. Her husband died several years ago, but the two of them are still in my heart.
3. Good workout with my personal trainer today. We even got through a little early, which was good because I had to stay after to finish my steps for the day.
4. Ham, boiled potatoes and broccoli for me, with cauliflower for Al.
5. Gazebo Group later this evening. It will be good to see everybody.
How about you? What made you happy today?
We too are lamenting the loss of so many friends…13 of our church members died in 2022, and in January we have lost 3 more. Then I heard of a young friend who died. It is all so sad. I guess this happens as we get older.
LikeLiked by 1 person
So sorry for all your losses. Because my friend and I no longer lived close to each other (I’m in Washington State and she lived in Florida) I didn’t see her decline. It’s been hard.