In order to empathize with someone’s experience, you must be willing to believe them as they see it, and not how you imagine their experience to be.Brene Brown
1. It was in the low 40s and drizzling when I got up this morning. It cleared off early and most of the day has been sunny with a high of 52 deg. False spring, I’m afraid.
2. I saw this morning where Burt Bacharach has died. He was 94 years old, so I guess it was time. His music has been the background for most of my life, and I’ve got several earworms now, remembering his songs.
3. In my email was the final documentation I needed to do our taxes. I have been obsessing because I thought I was going to have to pay over $400, but I didn’t have the amount that Al’s 401K sent in as taxes for his RMD. It turns out we will have to pay $3 – that’s right THREE dollars – and I’ve scheduled it to be deducted from my bank account on April 18th. Taxes are all calculated and filed!!!
4. We had Burger King Whopper Jrs for our lunch today.
5. After spending a couple of hours calculating, checking, and printing the tax stuff, I’m looking forwards to time in my recliner watching something mindless on Netflix.
How about you? What made you happy today?