In order to empathize with someone’s experience, you must be willing to believe them as they see it, and not how you imagine their experience to be.Brene Brown
1. It was in the low 40s and drizzling when I got up this morning. It cleared off early and most of the day has been sunny with a high of 52 deg. False spring, I’m afraid.
2. I saw this morning where Burt Bacharach has died. He was 94 years old, so I guess it was time. His music has been the background for most of my life, and I’ve got several earworms now, remembering his songs.
3. In my email was the final documentation I needed to do our taxes. I have been obsessing because I thought I was going to have to pay over $400, but I didn’t have the amount that Al’s 401K sent in as taxes for his RMD. It turns out we will have to pay $3 – that’s right THREE dollars – and I’ve scheduled it to be deducted from my bank account on April 18th. Taxes are all calculated and filed!!!
4. We had Burger King Whopper Jrs for our lunch today.
5. After spending a couple of hours calculating, checking, and printing the tax stuff, I’m looking forwards to time in my recliner watching something mindless on Netflix.
How about you? What made you happy today?
My Turbo Tax returns were all done by last Saturday and the State and Federal accepted them. Then, I open my bank account on Wednesday and there’s my State refund already deposited. The small amount of Federal will pulled out April 3. Terry tells me the IRS is telling Californians to hold off filing because of Middle Class allotment the state sent last year. They’ve not decided if they are going to take taxes from it. It’s a little late now, and I don’t expect it’s very much so I will just let the US have a small bonus! It galls me that Federal government (who I always have to pay) can’t be as good as California where we always get a refund.
Aaah. 🌞Sunny and 50 degrees here too, although there is still plenty of snow on the north side deck.
Last load of laundry finishing up before packing for Hawaii. We leave Sunday.🌴
Dinner with daughter and family tonight at my fave Mexican place.🌮
Life is good.