What we are, what we have, even our salvation, all is gift, all is grace, not to be achieved but to be received as a gift freely given.ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTU
1. It was 34 deg when I got up this morning and clear, with the waning moon hanging in the trees. The fog rolled in before breakfast. The sun came out around noon, and then the clouds appeared and are threatening to stay the rest of the day. High temperature should be 47 or 48 deg.
2. Our preacher was away, but one of our retirees stood in for him. Decent sermon about Moses’ exhortation to the wandering Israelites.
3. The Ram was having a Valentine’s Day special through this weekend, so we went there for Sunday dinner. I had clam chowder, sirloin steak, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Big Al had tomato soup, salmon, and mashed potatoes. Broccoli came with his, too, but he’s a philistine about broccoli.
4. The restaurant caters to those who like to watch sports while they eat, and because this was noonish instead of this afternoon (when the place will be packed for the Super Bowl), we got to watch the Puppy Bowl. Great entertainment.
5. I’m really enjoying reading Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver. I’m savoring it, and going slowly, so it doesn’t get finished too soon.
How about you? What made you happy to