Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.Maya Angelou
1. It was in the mid 40s and cloudy when I woke up. The high this afternoon was 49 deg and the sun never showed its face. Now my phone tells me to expect drizzle in about half an hour.
2. Today is Mama’s birthday. She’s been gone for 26 years, and she was effectively gone for 5 years before she died. She had Alzheimer’s. That is a HORRIBLE disease. But I’m so happy we had her as long as we did.
3. Good sermon about the Transfiguration this morning reminding us that neither Moses nor Elijah ever died – they were taken up into heaven. And remember, when Moses went up the mountain and got the 10 Commandments, he came back and his face was shining so brightly that no one could look at him. He had to wear a mask (or a cloth) over his face.
4. We went to Royal Thai Bistro for dinner. I had Singapore Noodles and Al had Pad Kee Mao. Lots of veggies and pretty good sauce.
5. I’ve cleaned all the expired medications and stuff I no longer take out of the closet and cabinets in my bathroom, I have a whole sackful to take over to the nurse at LP so they can dispose of them. I also have a big sackful of “freebees” from the dentist to take to the food bank or the homeless shelter – toothbrushes, travel tubes of toothpaste, floss, etc.
How about you? What made you happy today?