I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.James Baldwin
1. It was 38 deg and windy when I got up, after wuthering around all night long. We had sun this morning, but after lunch the rain rolled in and we had showers all the rest of the afternoon. High temperature of 46 deg.
2. Bible Study this morning was Matthew 4:1-11 – Jesus’s temptation in the wilderness. It was an interesting passage and we wondered whether it was mostly allegorical or whether it happened. We also talked about the fact that Satan and that whole mythology was based in Dante, not the Old Testament.
3. Today is Shrove Tuesday, or Mardi Gras. Since neither tradition is here in the Pacific Northwest, Big Al and I decided to skip breakfast at home and head to IHOP for brunch after Bible Study. I had a Breakfast Sampler with eggs, bacon, ham, and sausage, and two blueberry pancakes. Al had the 2-egg Breakfast, with sausages, hash browns, and two buttermilk pancakes. Way too many calories, but OH SO good.
4. We were back on campus in time for me to go to the Wellness Center and get most of my steps for the day. (I needed to work off the breakfast.)
5. Greisser Girls Gab is this afternoon. It will be fun to talk to the sisters.
How about you? What made you happy today?