Gratitude is the way the heart remembers––remembers kindnesses, cherished interactions with others, compassionate actions of strangers, surprise gifts, and everyday blessings.Robert Emmons
1. It was 25 deg with a dusting of snow on the ground when I got up this morning. The sun came out about noon, and the temperature has risen to the current high of 36 deg.
2. I’ve been threatening to go through the stuff on my desk and little credenza and this morning I did. I now a have large bag of stuff to be put in recycling and another of stuff to go in the regular trash, along with a package for the homeless shelter.
3. I headed over to the Wellness Center after I finished all the bag stuffing and got my steps out of the way for the day.
4. We had our regular Thursday lunch of Whoppers.
5. I got the lion’s share of the Medicare notices from my heart attack. I still have to match them up with the notices from TriCare, but it doesn’t look like we’re going to owe too much (fingers crossed).
How about you? What made you happy today?