Change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.Barak Obama
1. It was 25 deg with clear skies and sunshine when I got up. The high this afternoon after sunny skies all morning was 42 deg.
2. #2 son arrived while I was fixing breakfast. While Al and I ate, Bill reached stuff in closets that were too high, and generally did everything we couldn’t to throw away stuff we don’t want to bother with moving/storing.
3. When we finished with that, Bill helped Al transfer a lot of programs and photos that were still on his computer and a couple of additional drives to his Dropbox. He also helped him begin to understand that the data was still his and even more accessible with his iMac, iPad, and iPhone.
4. Bill disconnected everything possible and stored it in the garage. He tried to instruct me about how to disconnect the network so we could store that. We realized that Al and I really wanted to have our computers with us and set out to make plans to carry them over to temporary housing.
5. Bill must have seen the abject fear in my eyes at the idea of disconnecting everything, so he used his frequent flyer points and free car rental and free night to arrange to fly over on Tuesday morning, rent a car, and reserve a motel room. He will get here Tuesday, help finish up with packing, and then come here early Wednesday and help move us over to the Cottage.
BONUS: Big Al and I hit the jackpot with our kids. I know Ray would be helping if he were here, but having Bill go out of his way and use his points and free-bees to help us is especially wonderful.
How about you? What made you happy today?