The loudest noise in the world is silence.Thelonious Monk
1. It was in the high 30s and drizzly when I got up. The temperature got up to 47 deg with sporadic rain all afternoon. It’s supposed to quit raining before dark, but the rain should return overnight. <sigh>
2. Three years ago today it was a Monday and my (normally) full calendar began to clear out, including the cancellation of Gazebo Group. That was the beginning of the “great lockdown.”
3. I took the car up to the Wellness Center before lunch and got my steps for the day. I rode instead of walked because of the rain and because I was heading out to do the shopping after I finished there.
4. I went to Met Market and got a 3-piece fried chicken dinner with cheesy broccoli, and garlic new potatoes for me and a Shepherd’s Pie for Al (among other things for dinner the next couple of days). He was pleased and so was I. I also stopped by the Duplex and picked up a few things out of the refrigerator and freezer. We’ll have a sandwich tomorrow or Saturday.
5. I keep dreaming of not having to go over to the Duplex to get something else we’ve forgotten, or didn’t realize we would need, but so far that’s a fool’s hope. At least it’s not far.
How about you? What made you happy today?