Sometimes I need only to stand wherever I am to be blessed.Mary Oliver
1. It was in the low 40s and raining when I got up this morning. The temperature was supposed to get up to 48 deg today, but I don’t think it made it. The rain continued through the afternoon.
2. Right after breakfast, I made a shopping trip to the duplex, in the rain, and retrieved the cans of vegetables that I needed for dinner today. I got everything into the crockpot before I went over to Wellness.
3. I scurried up to the Wellness Center and worked out on the NuStep before Colin took over and wore me out doing his balance and strength exercises. He’s added stairs to my work out, so we spent almost ten minutes going up and down the stairs from the lower floor to the first floor of Lillian Pratt. I’m building up my thigh muscles at least, I guess.
4. I fixed Betty’s Mexican Casserole for dinner – the meat from a rotisserie chicken, a can of corn, a can of black beans, a can of Rotel tomatoes, and a packet of taco seasoning went in the crockpot, When it was time to eat, I added crushed tortilla chips, and cheese to the top of the mixture, and let it melt for 20 minutes to make a top crust. I wasn’t sure how it would do in the crockpot instead of in the oven, but it was very acceptable.
5. We have Gazebo Group this evening. That will be nice. I should walk up the hill, but if it’s still raining hard, I think I’ll take the car.
How about you? What made you happy today?