The most enduring test—to find pleasure in the midst of the mundane.Krin Van Tatenhove
1. It was 37 deg and clear with a touch of frost on the cars when I got up this morning. The day has been warm and really nice with blue sky, etc. High this afternoon of 58 deg. Fingers crossed that the weather continues (even though I know it’s a fool’s dream.) I just hope this doesn’t jumpstart the pollen, although I know the pollen is necessary to have nice flowers. There are trade-offs everywhere.
2. It’s St. Patrick’s Day. Generations of Scotch-Irish ancestors would whirl in their graves if I were to celebrate. I, of course, will be sporting my ORANGE.
3. I hurried to Safeway and picked up the order I made yesterday (I’m all out of cereal.) Then I went to the Wellness Center, rode the NuStep and finally met Colin for my Personal Training.
4. Al had a pulmonologist appointment early this afternoon, so I stayed at the Bistro and ate my lunch. I had a tunafish sandwich and a scone. Look at me eating fish twice in one week like I’m supposed to. I also brought an egg salad sandwich home for Al to have for his supper.
5. They’re having a St. Patrick’s Day Happy Hour later this afternoon. Al may or may not be back in time, but I’ll enjoy myself.
How about you? What made you happy today?