From our first breath to our last, awe moves us to deepen our relations with the wonders of life and to marvel at the vast mysteries that are part of our fleeting time here, guided by this most human of emotions.Dacher Keltner
1. 49 deg with wet streets when I woke up this morning. The sun came out at breakfast time, but it also got cooler, and then the clouds returned. It’s supposed to get to 54 deg but so far my phone says 52.
2. Nice church service. The text was about the Walk to Emmaus. The preacher suggested we needed to recognize those who are in our lives, instead of assuming we already know everything about them. Are they strangers? or are they friends?
3. We went to Pomodoro’s for dinner today. Big Al had a big bowl of minestrone soup, I had Chicken Florentine with broccoli. Good flavor and ticking all my boxes for healthy.
4. A blogger friend of mine has actually published a memoir, Mother Lode:Confession of a Reluctant Caregiver. In her blog today she was talking about her older sister moving back to the place they had lived as children, and I got really nostalgic, although I never lived any one place. My grandparents’ house in Texarkana was the only place that stayed put. My family was nomadic, and I continued that way after marrying an Air Force officer.
5. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon under a cover in the living room, reading and/or watching my current series on BritBox.
How about you? What made you happy today?