Something precious is lost if we rush headlong into the details of life without pausing for a moment to pay homage to the mystery of life and the gift of another day.Kent Nerbuen
1. The temperature was in the low 50s and the sky was clear and bright when I got up this morning. It got up to 77 deg this afternoon, with lovely clear skies. It was so warm I opened the front door and my window to let the air blow through.
2. I got my workout done on the NuStep, and met with my personal trainer for balance and strength.
3. Appointment this afternoon with our podiatrist. Toenails are clipped, and calluses are dealt with. Feels good.
4. We went to Trader Joes’s, and I picked up milk and my breakfast sausages. Now I shouldn’t have to order from Safeway until next weekend.
5. Picked up Jimmy John’s Club Sandwiches for our lunch/dinner. Gonna be just one meal for both today. It was 4:30 before we could eat lunch.
How about you? What made you happy today?
Sat in the backyard this afternoon, 94 degrees but pleasant in the shade, under the trees, with a slight breeze. Also, first day I have gone barefoot this year. I shopped at Whole Foods this morning. We had a pork chop, yam, asparagus, and pear for dinner Because we eat such small amounts of meat, that pork chop will provide two more meals. I decided to run the oven today and just reheat for the rest of the weekend.