Courage is what love looks like when tested by the simple everyday necessities of being alive.David Whyte
1. It was in the upper 40s when I got up with damp streets. It cleared off and the sun came out by the time I settled in to watch church on YouTube. It got into the upper 50s before dark.
2. Good sermon this morning on 1 Peter 2:2-10. “…you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession,…” (See #3 below). AND we had communion. That always makes me happy.
3. Nadia Bolz-Weber, in her blog, touched on the same theme, using a different text. You can read it here.
4. We took our gift cards from Pierce County to Harbor Lights for dinner today. I had trout, rice pilaf, and fresh asparagus. Big Al had chopped steak, baked potato, and fresh asparagus. This ought to rate as three “happys”. Happy about the trout, happy about the fresh asparagus, and happy that it didn’t cost us but $10 out of pocket!
5. I don’t have anything else to do this afternoon except sit in my recliner and read.
How about you? What made you happy today?