What you are, the world is. And without your transformation, there can be no transformation of the world.
1. It was in the mid 40s and partly cloudy when I fixed my early morning tea. It’s been really windy, but the temperature was in the mid 50s this afternoon.
2. Right after breakfast I scooted down to Safeway and picked up eggs, some milk and Pepsi for Al.
3. There are still a couple of punch list things that need to be done – some strange wiring, etc. – but we’re beginning to be settled. I still need to populate my shadowbox, and Al needs to sort through the DVDs and put them in the order he wants them.
4. We had sandwiches from the Bistro for lunch – but we’ve got all the boxes unpacked, most of the pictures hung up, and most of the stuff put away. I also washed, dried, sorted, folded and hung everything up, so I won’t have to worry about laundry until next Monday. I may even cook lunch tomorrow.
5. We’ve called “Enough”, for today. I’m going to enjoy sitting with my feet up and a glass of wine and maybe a cookie, and visiting with the Greisser Girls.
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
1. Low 30s and mostly cloudy when I got up. We ended up with a high of 54 deg, after sunshine most of the day.
2. #2 son and his assistant flew to Seattle for a conference this morning. They left Pasco at 6:10 am, and, after landing at SEA-TAC and renting a car, they drove down here arriving about 9:00 am. They moved the computers and some other stuff from the Cottage to the Duplex, and then spent a couple of hours putting the WiFi together.
3. Shortly after they arrived, the movers also arrived and to deliver the furniture. I spent most of the day directing which room, which stuff went in.
4. I went back to the Cottage and helped Al load the car, and gave him the job of watching the movers, while I met with my personal trainer.
5. The movers came back after lunch and unpacked all the boxes and took all the trash away. I’ve spent the afternoon sorting through stuff, making a path to my bed. I did get the sheets on my bed, and I’m ready to go sit in my recliner and watch the news. EXHAUSTED!!!
May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.
1. It was mid 30s and cloudy when I got up. We’ve had more changeable weather again today, with more sun breaks than yesterday, and no rain, so far. It is still windy though and it never warmed up much – 48 deg for the high.
2. I took the car and drove over to the duplex early this morning because I wanted egg for breakfast, and I didn’t want the breakfast bowl that’s over here. I retrieved two Jimmy Dean Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuits. I fixed one this morning and I’ll have the other tomorrow. Very satisfactory.
3. Then I went to the Wellness Center and worked out on the NuStep for an hour or so. I finished watching all three seasons of my Finnish murder mystery yesterday, so I just watched the first half of Sleepless in Seattle. I’ll probably watch the rest of it while I wait for the basketball games to start.
4. I went back to the duplex to get something for my lunch – I’m basically uninterested in anything available over here. I got the stuff to make Harriet’s Polenta, and had that. I thought I would fix fresh broccoli to go with it, but the broccoli in the little refrigerator at the cottage had been in there too long. I ended up throwing it out, and having some cherry tomatoes with the polenta.
5. Looking forward with crossed fingers to the UConn v Gonzaga game this evening. Go Zags.
A teacher comes, they say, when you are ready. And if you ignore its presence, it will speak to you more loudly. But you have to be quiet to hear.
Robin Wall Kimmerer
1. It was in the upper 30s with wet streets when I got up this morning. Another changeable weather day. Now the sun is out, but I got poured on when I went to pick up the mail at lunchtime. It’s pretty cool and windy as well – high temperature of 47 deg.
2. I verified that we’ll be able to move back to the Duplex on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I’ll really be happy to get back in my own bed!
3. I had a good workout with my personal trainer. We’re working on practical things like spacial awareness, as well as strength and stamina.
4. I took myself to KFC and got a three-piece meal, all dark, for lunch. Al had some of the macaroni and cheese he had frozen before we moved over to the Cottage. I’ve got to get my diet back under control, but not until I can cook.
5. I keep seeing pictures of flowering bushes and trees, but so far, nothing is in bloom except the forsythia. My camellia has a couple of flowers out, but the rhododendrons aren’t blooming yet. Hopefully next week I can put pictures of more flowers on this page.