However many years she lived, Mary always felt that ‘she should never forget that first morning when her garden began to grow’.
1. The weather today is cool and showery, although some blue sky and patchy clouds did come out after lunch. 55 this morning, and 62 or so this afternoon, but it’s really windy.
2. Bible study this morning was about Zacchaeus. We enjoyed talking about the passage in Luke, but we had more fun singing the song. If you were in Sunday School any time between 1950 and 2000, I probably have it stuck in your head now.
3. Big Al had his regular Tuesday Chef Salad from the FTJ kitchen, and I had an egg salad sandwich for lunch.
4. Because the weather had still not decided whether it was going to rain or not, I took the car over to the garden and watered. The squash and beans are BLOOMING. There are a couple of baby tomatoes on the tomato plants. The tomato plants look better with some sun the last couple of days. (See the tiny little squash with enormous blooms attached.)
5. Then I drove up to the Wellness Center to get my steps. My Achilles was in pretty good shape this morning after two days of rest over the weekend. I don’t want to test it on any of the hills at this point. I may walk inside the Wellness Center for a while because, at least, it’s flat in there.
How about you? What made you happy today?