My father always believed in the people of our nation. Certainly, he would be greatly disappointed in how we have chosen to conduct ourselves at this particular moment.Martin Luther King, III
1. It was in the upper 30s and cloudy when I got up. There was a watery sun from noon on, but it never got above the mid 40s.
2. Bible study was about Jonah and how he got mad at God because the people of Nineveh repented and God forgave them. It really hit home to me. I know I will be really angry with the Senate and House of Representatives if they don’t punish the legislators who encouraged and help foment the insurrection last Wednesday. I may come around to forgiveness, but there needs to be punishment, first.
3. Today is Big Al’s Birthday. We’re going to celebrate tomorrow with a beef stew (his favorite). I couldn’t do it today because I didn’t do a Safeway pickup until today, But I did get him a birthday cake for this evening.
4. The housekeepers were here today, so I have clean sheets, clean bathrooms, clean floors, and a clean kitchen!
5. I got everything on my list for the grocery store, so I need to go in the kitchen and chop vegetables for the stew!
How about you? What made you happy today?