The rule for uncovering political corruption is “Follow the Money”Deep Throat in All the President’s Men
1. Woke up to mid 60s and cloudy. No sign of the threatened rain. <sigh> It managed to get to 77 deg by mid afternoon, under blue skies and sun.
2. We had the annual picnic at FTJ today. The theme was “The Fifties”, so I wore rolled up slacks and rolled down socks with one of Big Al’s long sleeved shirts – with similarly rolled sleeves. He wore a shirt with his high school letters for band and wrestling pinned on it. They had a live band that played 50s, 60s, and 70s music. It was fun to listen to stuff from my era. My favorite costume was the 90-year-old woman who stuffed a pillow under her shirt. She said the 50s for her meant pregnancy – four babies during that decade.
3. The dining room had the barbecue grill out, and fixed hamburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, potato salad, macaroni salad, and all the condiments. We also had strawberry lemonade or iced tea to drink. AND we had mixed berry cobbler with ice cream for the dessert. It was nice to be around our friends and fellow residents without masks. I ate way too much, but it was all really good.
4. After lunch a lot of folks danced the slop, and the stroll, and then some of us danced in three-somes and four-some. I danced with Big Al while he sat on his walker, Proud Mary, Yakety-yak, Rock around the Clock, etc.
5. We got home from the picnic and I found birthday presents from my boys. A new keyboard for my iMac that has a number pad!!! and a case for my new iPhone with a wallet for door cards and credit cards that attaches to it that can still recharge on the pad!!! I know my birthday isn’t until next week, but I couldn’t wait to open the packages.
How about you? What made you happy today?