Please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.”Kurt Vonnegut
1. It was 42 deg and mostly cloudy when I got up this morning. The sun was out most of the day and it warmed up to the mid 50s.
2. Trip to the commissary this morning to get groceries for the next 6 weeks or so. We were finished in good time. I had been afraid that because it was Wednesday (and 1/4 of all Social Security is paid on each Wednesday) there would be a crowd, but it wasn’t too crowded and the shelves were nicely stocked.
3. We had lunch at Bruno’s on the way home. Wednesday at Bruno’s is borscht day. Today they were marketing it as Ukrainian Borscht. Al had a big bowlful. and I had a small bowl as a starter, followed by kielbasa, cucumber salad, and German potato salad. I’ve missed going to Bruno’s during COVID. Now we don’t go except when we’re near there for another reason because it’s about 15 miles away, and we’re trying to save gas.
4. I was late getting started with my story, because of the commissary trip. You can read it here.
5. Lots of blooming bushes, trees, and daffodils along the roadside today. I hope the warming trend continues.
How about you? What made you happy today?