The real work of your life is to take care of yourself.Rebecca Thomas
1. Mid 50s and clouds early this morning. The sun came out sporadically mid-morning, and it’s been warmer, but still mostly cloudy all day. The temperature got up to 66 deg. and pushed 67 deg.
2. I’m pleased that Juneteenth has been officially declared a federal holiday. I’ve always known what Juneteenth was since I grew up in Texas. We moved to California when I was in 4th grade, and I got in trouble when I insisted that the end of slavery was June 19, 1865. No, no, no, my teachers told me – that happened on January 1, 1863 with the Emancipation Proclamation. <sigh>
3. Busy church service today. We had an infant baptism. We handed out Bibles to all the third graders (and all the kids who had been third graders during the pandemic who hadn’t gotten one.) We had special music honoring Juneteenth. Good sermon about Jesus casting the demons out of the pigs.
4. Big Al chose our dinner spot because…Father’s Day. He chose Moctezumas, and we enjoyed good Mexican food. He had a chimichanga and I had a Mexican chopped salad.
5. General Assembly is meeting (hybrid) in Louisville starting today. I remember the General Assembly we had in Portland. It was a full, spirit-filled week.
BONUS: Be sure to check out my post “Papa” in honor of Father’s Day.
How about you? What made you happy today?