You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.Marcus Aurelius
1. It was 59 deg when I got up this morning and sunny, It got into the mid-80s this afternoon. Perfect summer weather, particularly for a hot dog in the shade (see #4).
2. Our primary ballots arrived over the weekend. Primary Election Day is August 2. We need to get our ballots filled out and put in one of the boxes pretty soon, I guess. I’m so looking forwards to the end of Primary season, so hopefully the phone calls, text messages, etc., will slow down. Of course, then, we’ll have about 50 days (God willing) before the 2024 Election starts.
3. I spent a large portion of the morning writing something for my Memoir class. I figure it’s up to me what to include in a memoir so I’m writing to please myself.
4. Today is National Hot Dog Day (you can look it up). Today for our Happy Hour in July, the folks here at FTJ fed us hot dogs and potato chips, along with beer, wine, margaritas, and soft drinks. I skipped lunch so I would have room for their offering.
5. Big Al is trying to walk more – and I’m so proud of him.
How about you? What made you happy today?
There is a ballot box behind the Totem Yacht Club just off Pearl.