Gratitude is the capacity to stare doubt, loss, chaos and despair right in the eye and say, ‘I am still here.’Diana Butler Bass
1. Another cloudy morning when I got up with temps in the mid 50s. The clouds burned off mid-morning, and we’ve had sun and cool breezes the whole day. High temperature in the mid-70s.
2. We had a second session of the class on Journaling. I hope, Gentle Readers, that I have tried, deliberately, to think more about these blog posts, and put more feeling into what I write rather than “just the facts, ma’am”.
3. I met with my personal trainer for the first time since THE GREAT FALL. We’ve been working on balance for a long time, but now we’re shifting to recovering balance when there is a stumble.
4. I fixed chicken, corn, and asparagus for dinner today. I had planned on corn on the cob, but, alas, when I opened the prepackaged ears we got at the Commissary just Wednesday, the ends were moldy – so we had canned corn instead. <sigh>
5. My passport is starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I would love to do some more traveling, but not alone. Dreaming of a long trip…
How about you? What made you happy today?