1. The grandkids departed today about lunch time. (That didn’t make me happy, but I was really happy to have had them here for three days). Now I know that they are within about 3 hours drive, so I can see them pretty well whenever I want.
2. Good, hard, workout with my personal trainer. I’m going to get in shape or bust!
3. Moved around some potted plants today. I think some of them were being over-watered, and some were really thirsty. I try to watch them, but I think I really need an impatiens that will tell me when it wants water by curling up its leaves, and then recovering as soon as it gets a drink.
4. The Mueller Hearings were today. I didn’t listen to any of them. I figure Rachel Maddow will tell me most of what I need to know. I try not to feed my existential angst any more than it already is. I do know there’s spin on every side, and I don’t think anyone’s opinion has been changed. As my grandmother used to say, “There are none so blind as those who WON’T see.”
5. I have several friends both in person and on social media who are either bi-polar or clinically depressed. I’ve been thinking how truly happy and thankful I am that I have never suffered from depression. It’s certainly not to my credit – I guess I just got good genes and brain chemistry from my parents.
How about you? What made you happy today?