1. Blustery and cold when I woke up this morning. Winter blew in on the wind overnight. It was 39 deg. when I got up, and even though it warmed up to 52 deg. when the sun came out it was still cold in the wind.
2. In honor of the colder weather, we had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. Big Al and I said we felt like we were 7 years old again.
3. I’m so pleased to see the good work my former church in Dallas is doing. They are delivering sandwiches, water, and snacks to folks who are trying to clean up in their neighborhood from the tornados that swept through Preston Hollow last week.
4. I finally dug out some of my old yarn so I can change the names on Big Al’s and my Christmas stockings. Number 2 son’s family is down two stockings because, apparently, they left something in them that was interesting to the dogs, and a hole was chewed. Al and I decided last year that we’d rather not go to all the work of decorating and hanging stockings, so I’m going to “re-name” ours.
5. Football games are going on all by themselves without me watching them (although I check the scores pretty often to see whether teams ahead of the Ducks (number 11 in the rankings) are winning or losing. I’m not going to gloat over losses – at least out loud – because I understand Karma.) The Oregon Ducks are playing at 7:30 this evening. Keep your fingers crossed for them. I’ll be rooting them on to victory over the Washington State Cougars.
How about you? What made you happy today?