We need movements rooted in love right now, movements powered not by difference and exclusion and punishment, but by common ground, compassion, humility, healthy boundaries, patience and healing.ADRIENNE MARIE BROWN
1. High 40s with blustery rain showers when I got up. We’ve had alternating showers and sun breaks all day. High temperature of 57, but it feels significantly colder with the wind blowing non-stop.
2. I realized that I had to make a Trader Joe’s run this morning, so in addition to the sausages I needed to get, I picked up lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. to make a chef salad. When I got back, I hardboiled two eggs. Good lunch, except the weather wanted soup.
3. Big Al and I have started playing Cribbage most mornings and noontimes. We used to do that regularly, but not in several years. It’s nice to get back to it, helped along by the new cribbage board I got last week.
4. Mama deer just wandered through the backyard with her brand new set of twin fawns, They are still at the bouncy stage.
5. Big Al and I watched Operation Mincemeat with Colin Firth on Netflix yesterday evening. I heartily recommend it.
How about you? What made you happy today?